On Sunday, Mum and I went to Camden Markets. I had been to some of the London markets before, but I had heard good things about this one and never been. It was huge and mobbed! They had markets all the way stretching down the street. Some were clothes, I got a nice pretty new dress, and others were food and crafts. We spent the better part of the day walking around there, looking at all the shops. I got a leather and beaded bracelet and a London sweatshirt, both of which I love! One market was built on a canal, and the seats that people could eat at along the water were the back halves of motor cycles. Another of the markets was built into an old stable area, so each stall was a booth for a craft person. That was Mum's favorite section. The architecture was really cool, and there were statues of horses and farriers around the place. It was a really great market, and we both enjoyed ourselves.
After the market, we came home and relaxed before heading out to our 6:30pm showing of All's Well That Ends Well at the Globe Theatre. It was not as lavish a theatre as what Mum was picturing, but still cool that it was outside in the open air with a thatched room. We had seats and we bought cushions, and the show wasn't sold out, so as it started we moved to a better viewing position. The pigeons kept almost attacking the people who were in the standing room at the center. I thought the play was good, and we did a good job understanding it even though we had never seen or read this Shakespeare play before. It was definitely important to have the experience of going to the Globe before I left here. It was a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment