Last Night in London

Today, I spent some time doing a bit more packing and preparing. It was also Amanda's birthday. We went to get our nails done with her, and I got a pedicure. I got red toes with a Union Jack on my two big toes. It's cute. We all got really intricate details on two fingers. This place was really cool in their ability to do a really huge range of designs. They used nail polish pens and small nail polish brushes to do it. I wish it had been a full pedicure, but even getting just polish like I did was a lot more expensive than at home. It was nice to do something relaxing to celebrate with Amanda though. After that, I tried to get Dad his candies at a shop in Piccadilly Circus, but the store was closed even though the hours on the door said they should have been open.

I went home and relaxed and packed for a few more hours before it was time to go to Camden Town for Amanda's birthday dinner. We went to Gilgamesh, an Asian restaurant. I got chicken croquette and miso soup. It was really really good, and the restaurant was so cool. They had intricate wood carvings everywhere, and cool lights all around. We sat at a booth that was above the other tables, so we felt pretty cool up there. We had a great time, and we got Amanda a dessert with "Happy Birthday" written on it. It was a fantastic dinner. After that, we headed to Dirty Martini to get martinis before heading home. We each got a martini. Mine was Apple and Kiwi. You couldn't even taste the vodka in it, and I really enjoyed it. We toasted to our last night and to Amanda and took a lot of pictures. It was really a fantastic and relaxing last night.

My final words on the London blog:
It has been a great semester. I've done everything I wanted to and more. I wouldn't change a thing or give my experiences back for anything. My favorite trip was the Highlands, but Paris and Italy were also fantastic. I learned to be more independent to the point of cooking for myself, booking all my travel arrangements, and traveling alone once. I can't believe it's been 4 months already. It seems like it went by so fast. I am so glad I got to have the experience of studying abroad. It has opened my mind to so many new things. I got history lessons and experienced a variety of cultures first hand.I loved it here, but I'm ready to go home to Boston and see my friends and family again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment