Home

Despite the fact that a lot of people told me the flight home would be close to 8 hours, the pilot said before takeoff that it would be 6. We took off late, but we made it up and landed on time. I watched Catfish, Never Let Me Go, and Love and Other Drugs on the flight and had Shepard's pie for dinner. They gave out a ton of snacks and drinks and really took care of us all. I talked to the man sitting next to me, an IT guy going to Boston for a conference. He was really nice, and gave me a lot of good tips about my computer. I had a window seat this time, and I think there was a lot more leg room than on the flight going. The entire flight was a lot more comfortable and passed much more quickly than when I flew to London.

When we landed, I got through security really quickly. The man reminding people to have their customs cards ready had a fantastic Boston accent, and I told him how much I had missed hearing it! My bags came out and I loaded them on a cart. Dad was waiting for me, and we headed out. It was great to see him after 4 months of being away. We went home, and I got to see Trixie again. Then we went to Panera for dinner because I'd been missing that food so much. I went to see grandma, and made her day, when we dropped the car off and walked home with Trixie. I spent the rest of the night unpacking all my things and organizing the next week's plans.

 I'm back in Boston after spending 1 day less than 4 months away. It's so good to be home. I missed everything here so much. I guess I'll have to make a new blog for LA next semester.

0 comments:

Post a Comment